Gregory, Inc. v. Town of Angier
(Water and Sewer Impact Fee Case)
Case No. 19-CVS-1598
North Carolina General Court of Justice, Superior Court Division
If you paid Water or Sewer Acreage Fees, Access Fees, Connection Fees, Capacity Fees, Regulatory Fees or System Development Fees to the Town of Angier from July 30, 2016 to July 20, 2020, you may be eligible to receive a payment from a Class Action Settlement.
- This website informs you of a proposed settlement in a class-action lawsuit.
- The class-action settlement resolves a lawsuit about water and sewer acreage fees, access fees, connection fees, capacity fees, regulatory fees and/or system development fees (herein cumulatively “impact fees”) paid to the Defendant Town of Angier (“the Town”) from July 30, 2016 to July 20, 2020. The lawsuit alleged that the Town allegedly unlawfully imposed certain water and/or sewer acreage fees, access fees, connection fees, capacity fees, regulatory fees and/or system development fees (hereafter sometimes cumulatively referred to as “impact fees”) without authority from the North Carolina General Assembly.
- The settlement provides for monetary payments over two years in relation to the amount of impact paid to the Defendant Town of Angier from July 30, 2016 to July 20, 2020.
- Your rights and options, and the deadlines to exercise them, are explained in the Notice, so please read the Notice carefully.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the settlement. Payments will be made if the settlement is approved.
November 30, 2020 – Postmark Deadline to Mail Requests for Exclusion.
November 30, 2020 – Deadline to File Objections with the Court. Postmark Deadline to Mail Objections.
December 18, 2020 – Final Approval Hearing.